Ending family violence requires a whole of community approach. Safe Steps is proud to work collaboratively with any community organisation or governing body that shares our goal of eradicating family violence.
Safe Steps is represented on the following taskforces and committees:
- Victorian Government Social Services Taskforce
- Victorian Government Family Violence Steering Committee
- Victorian Government Family Violence Housing Assistance Implementation Taskforce
- Victorian Government Family Violence Industry Taskforce
- Victorian Government Child Protection Steering Committee
- Domestic Violence Victoria Members’ Meeting
- No to Violence Men’s Referral Service Members’ Forum
- Municipal Association of Victoria Local Government Prevention of Violence Against Women Network
- Victorian Council of Social Services Peaks and Statewide Networks
- Seniors Rights Victoria Elder Abuse Roundtable
- Strengthening Hospital Responses to Family Violence Project Advisory Group
- VCOSS Peak & Statewide Network Forum
- Statewide Refuge & Outreach Network
- Gendered Violence and Abuse Research Alliance (GeVARA)
- Ending Violence Against Women Media Action Group
Safe Steps is the auspicing member of SafeNET, a network of state-wide domestic and family violence crisis phone services across Australia. Through sharing critical information, and identifying emerging concerns and opportunities, SafeNET aims to enhance specialist responses and drive reforms to strengthen service systems available to women and children.
Safe Steps is the convening member of the Council of Women’s Services Victoria, a collaborative group of representatives from agencies operating with a gender lens to redress the impacts of gender inequality. Council of Women’s Services Victoria was formed to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of women, and the wisdom of practitioners who support them, remains at the centre of social reform.
Safe Steps is committed to sharing our unique frontline-informed insights and data with both the family violence services sector and the wider community through conferences and presentations.
If you would like someone from Safe Steps to present at an upcoming conference or event, please email email@example.com or call (03) 9928 9600.